Here’s a photo of my team in one of our Core Values meetings.
We meet every quarter and have lunch and discuss the examples each of us has seen that support our Core Values. It’s a quick hour, at the most, that always helps us see what’s really important.
It’s hard when you are busy to see the value in meetings. It’s even harder to have the discipline to do them. But, your Core Values, the behaviors that make up the culture of your company, are the foundation to your success.
Here’s a copy of our Core Values:
1. Quality. We must do everything the best possible way. We are completely committed to high standards in all aspects of our business. We will:
- Use the best materials and continually enhance our offerings.
- Hire the best team and develop new leaders through mentoring and training.
- Provide the best service and continually look for opportunities to improve.
- Commit to the safest work environment with no compromises and continual vigilance.
2. Leadership. We are a leader in our industry and our community and therefore dedicated to being the best in all that we do. As a leader we will:
- Deliver high standards in quality and service.
- Be good environmental stewards.
- Act with integrity and professionalism with our employees, clients, vendors and peers.
- Maintain an image that supports our mission.
3. Teamwork. We strive to work together with our clients, vendors, team members, and the entire community by:
- Showing respect to all.
- Supporting cooperation.
- Adapting to the ever-changing work environment.
- Providing effective communication to all.
4. Profitability. The efficient use of labor and materials results in a profitable company. Being profitable enables us to:
- Reinvest in new equipment, processes, facilities, and people to help us grow.
- Provide for growth and opportunities for our team.
- Help our team provide for themselves and their families.
- Give back to the community.
If you need help or want to learn more about how you identify your firm’s Core Values, call us; I’d be happy to discuss the various options we have to help you move your firm forward.