Every year around this time I ask you the series of questions below and ask you to think about where your life and business are heading.
Ask yourself these questions again and see where you stand:
1. When was the last time you personally saw each of your top 25 clients?
2. When was the last time you took an afternoon off and just went home to be with your significant other or your family? (If you tell me you don’t have time to do this, you don’t understand what it takes to be successful.)
3. What is the most effective way you have of getting new clients?
4. What was the name of the last business book you read?
5. Who has helped you be successful in the last year? Do they know you feel this way?
6. Can you run a mile without stopping? Do you weigh more or less than you did a year ago? When was the last time you went to the doctor for a check-up? (3 questions, I know, but good ones, eh?)
My purpose is to make you think about what it takes to be successful. It’s not just one or two things and it’s not all about business.
The most successful small business owners are the ones that take a holistic approach to success. Business is part of it, family is part of it, and your personal well-being is the other part of it.