How good are you at taking care of your clients? What do people think when they contact your company on the phone? Take this test and be honest with yourself; no one will know your answers but you!
- Do you return calls from clients or prospects first?
- Do you fight hard for your client’s rights and always do what’s best for them?
- When you meet with a client, do you listen more than you talk?
- Are you always on time for meetings with clients?
- Have you written your top 50 clients a handwritten thank you note in the last 6 months?
- Would your clients tell a third party that they love you and your company and feel appreciated? (Remember, be honest!)
- When your clients ask you a question and you do not know the answer, do you fake it so to not make them think you don’t know what you’re doing?
- Does your entire team know who your top 50 clients are?
- If I were to call your company right now, would I be impressed? Would you?
- Do the people who answer your phones know the products and services of your entire company, inside and out?
- Is your receptionist – I like to call them Director of First Impressions – the lowest paid person at your company?
How did you score on this test? Do your clients really feel like you value them and always do what’s best for them? Do your clients have legitimate reasons to be looking for someone else to work with? What do you think your clients say about you when you’re not around? How are the phone calls handled at your company?
Look, no one said it would be easy to be successful in business. But there are a ton of little things you can do to set yourself apart from the competition. Look through the questions again and see if there aren’t some steps you can take this week to improve your company.
Please pass this message on to anyone you feel would benefit from it.