Core Values are the foundation to successful companies. Here are the 4 we live, eat, drink, and sleep at Grunder Landscaping Co.
1. Quality. We must do everything the best possible way. We are completely committed to high standards in all aspects of our business. We will:
- Use the best materials and continually enhance our offerings.
- Hire the best team and develop new leaders through mentoring and training.
- Provide the best service and continually look for opportunities to improve.
- Commit to the safest work environment with no compromises and continual vigilance.
2. Leadership. We are a leader in our industry and our community and therefore dedicated to being the best in all that we do. As a leader we will:
- Deliver high standards in quality and service.
- Be good environmental stewards.
- Act with integrity and professionalism with our employees, clients, vendors, and peers.
- Maintain an image that supports our mission.
3. Teamwork. We strive to work together with our clients, vendors, team members, and the entire community by:
- Showing respect to all.
- Supporting cooperation.
- Adapting to the ever-changing work environment.
- Providing effective communication to all.
4. Profitability. The efficient use of labor and materials results in a profitable company. Being profitable enables us to:
- Reinvest in new equipment, processes, facilities, and people to help us grow.
- Provide for growth and opportunities for our team.
- Help our team provide for themselves and their families.
- Give back to the community.
Our focus on these Core Values the past few years has made a difference; I see it in all areas of our company.
I have a friend and client who runs an incredibly successful company with 500 people. He believes the fact his people know the behaviors that are expected and supported, he has been able to grow. People make the difference. In fact, he said this about Core Values at his company, “Nothing will ever get in the way of us following our 8 Core Beliefs. If you violate them, that’s a show stopper and you don’t want that.” Translation? If you don’t follow them, you can’t work there!
Now there’s a guy who gets it. What are your Core Values?
If you need or want to discuss this topic more, feel free to contact Nancy for details on my coaching.
Don’t forget about the July 12th Webinar on 10 Mistakes Most Landscapers Make & How to Avoid Them. 2011 Webinar Bundle price is now $229. Also, we have openings in all of the Grunder Field Trip dates: July 7-8, August 11-12, and October 14-15. We’d love to have you visit Grunder Landscaping Co. for the day. Click here to sign up.